The Pheasantry Café is situated in the Woodland Gardens of the second largest London Royal Park – Bushy Park. It has undergone an extension to create a Visitor Centre and an internal refurbishment to the restroom area.

The extension to the visitor centre has been built to house The Friends of Bushy Park and Home Park and is one of the latest projects we have completed located within The Royal Parks. Founded in 1990, The Friends were formed to ensure the preservation, promotion, support, assistance and improvement of Bushy Park and Home Park, whilst also protecting the nature and wildlife occupying the land. Red and Fallow Deer have roamed the park for over 300 years, having been introduced by King Henry Vlll who created a deer chase on the property gifted to him by Cardinal Wolsey.

In 1529, the 445 hectares of parkland became part of the royal parks and today embraces the Diana Fountain, which is proudly displayed at the heart of the park – having relocated from the Privy Garden of Hampton Court in 1713-, Hampton Court Palace which was built in 1515, and a favourite of King Henry VIII, and The Royal Paddocks, which we’re founded in the sixteenth century and are still in use today – constituting as one of the leading establishments in Great Britain.

“Working with Rider Levett Bucknall, we are delighted to be chosen to provide Building Control Guidance and Advice for The Pheasantry Café Building, on behalf of The Royal Parks.”

Senior Building Control Surveyor & Project Manager, Andrew Pearson

As a leading Approved Inspector, we have provided Building Control services across England and Wales for over 24 years. To speak to our technical team about your construction project, please contact us on 01226 743959 or visit www.brcs.co.uk.

BRCS (Building Control) Ltd

Amber Court
51 Church Street
Elsecar
Barnsley
S74 8HT

01226 743959
info@brcs.co.uk